I just love a great idea and one that involves delicious food has just got to be my favorite. This cookbook and the story behind it is so inspiring that you will be wanting one for yourself and one for a friend this holiday season.
The best news is that when you buy the book all the proceeds go to help feed Syrian refugee families through the UNHCR!
Special bonus on this website: If you donate $100 to my fundraiser (also for the UNHCR) I’ll give you a copy of the book for just being such a good person! Here is how:
- Make a donation here https://e-activist.com/p2p/ziprll
- Forward me the email you get to candace.e.leroy[at]gmail.com with your name and address
- I’ll send you the book (the books will arrive at the end of February)
Book Description (from their site)
The world has failed Syria’s refugees and some of the world’s wealthiest countries have turned their backs on this humanitarian disaster. Syria’s neighbors—Lebanon, Jordan, Turkey, and Iraq—have together absorbed more than four million refugees. The need for food relief is great and growing.
Acclaimed chefs and cookbook authors the world over have come together to help food relief efforts to alleviate the suffering of Syrian refugees. Each has contributed a recipe to this beautifully illustrated cookbook of delicious soups from around the world. Contributors include: Yotam Ottolenghi, Sami Tamimi, Anthony Bourdain, Mark Bittman, Alice Waters, Paula Wolfert, Claudia Roden, Sally Butcher, Ana Sortun, Greg Malouf, Aglaia Kremenzi, Joe Barza, Carolyn Kumpe, Wendy Rahamut, and many others.
- Celebrity chefs and cookbook authors contribute favorite recipes to help feed Syrian refugees
- Fabulous soups from around the world—from hearty winter warmers to chilled summer soups
- Easy-to-follow instructions with stunning color photos throughout
- Recipes made with no-fuss ingredients found in your local supermarket
The profits from the sales of the cookbook will be donated to help fund food relief efforts through the United Nation’s UNHCR. Most Syrians hope that one day they will be able to return to their country and rebuild their lives. For now, though, what we can do is listen to their pleas. Be part of this vital work of saving lives and help us deliver essential food items to the displaced refugees.
About the Author
Barbara Abdeni Massaad is a food writer, TV host, cookbook author, and a regular contributor to international cooking magazines. She is the author of Interlink’s bestselling cookbook Man’oushe: Inside the Street Corner Lebanese Bakery. She won the the Gourmand Cookbook Award and the International Academy of Gastronomy Award for Mouneh: Preserving Foods for the Lebanese Pantry.